Christmas Eve Countdown

Friday, May 28, 2010

The Main Course


I came across this quote by Eleanor Roosevelt in some of my readings: "Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give." It put me in mind of two favored elves of mine and Mrs. Claus, Cristina Velasco and Susie Acosta. These two wonderful elves are ever giving of themselves and spreading joy around. Folks are always drawn to them because of the great spirit they radiate.

On a whim, and just for the fun of it, they treated Mrs. Santa Claus and I to dinner. Well, I rarely turn down dinner invites. And trust me, the food was top notch at the restaurant they chose, but the very best part of the evening was not the food but being able to share in the company of these two very extraordinary ladies who are the very definition of friendship and generosity.

Cristina and Susie live full lives because they are willing to give themselves away. That is an important lesson for all of us to give of ourselves, not just money, but also of our time and talents.
Anyhow, that's how Santa sees it!



No comments:

Post a Comment