Christmas Eve Countdown

Friday, May 7, 2010

Laughter: the Best Medicine


Years ago, when I was an Elf-in-Training, I had occasion to meet and become friends with the great humorist and author, Erma Bombeck. Among the things she said to me on our first meeting was, “I never met a laugher I didn’t like!” Laughter is a great panacea for so many things. It is not only emotionally and mentally, but physically beneficial as well. So take time out of your day to throw your head back and roar, snort, and guffaw. I guarantee you’ll feel better when you do. Things certainly are rosier at the North Pole when there’s lots of laughter going around. Ho! Ho! Ho!

Anyhow, that's how Santa see's it!

1 comment:

  1. I loved Erma Bombeck! She could make what seemed like a humdrum, everyday life (which I'm sure SHE didn't have) not quite so boring by helping us laugh about it.

    ReplyDelete