Christmas Eve Countdown

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Days of Our Lives


"Time keeps on slippin', slippin', into the future!" Marjorie Pay Hinckley said, "The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead." I love to day dream on occasion. I find myself musing on how happy I will be when Christmas rolls around, or what a great day it will be when my ship comes in. There really is nothing wrong with flights of fancy as long as we remember to live in the moment; if you want to be New Agey about it, you could say something nauseous making like, "Be with the moment."

Wallowing in the past, longing for the good ol' days, or kicking ourselves for something stupid we did before, is a total waste of time, is counter productive and only serves to taint your present days. Leave the past in the past, and the future to the future. As Doris Day sang, "Que sera, sera. Whatever will be, will be. The future's not ours to see." If we're are not present in the present, we have no life and rob ourselves of happiness and the opportunity to grow.

We all have good days and bad days. The trick is to keep on keepin' on by living each moment we are given as joyously as possible, no matter what. I am quite sure what I have said will come back to haunt me as the elves and reindeer will doubtless remind of it when I'm swearing at heavy traffic on Christmas Eve trying to make my deliveries.

Anyhow, that's how Santa sees it!

No comments:

Post a Comment