Christmas Eve Countdown

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Friendly Persuasion


"A Friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and sings it to you when you forget the words!"

I just lifted that quote from my good buddy, and one of my favorite elves, Mark Pamplin. I don't know where he got it, but it is one of the best descriptions of a friend I have ever come across.

How could any of us get through this life without friends? It is inconceivable. Whenever I start to feeling sorry for myself about not being as rich as I think I ought to be, I simply think of my friends, and realize that I am rich. In fact I am blessed with an embarrassment of riches. Those riches are the many good, wonderful, nurturing people that I have the privilege of calling "friend". They run the gamut of age, body type, political bent, and personal philosophy, but all are indispensable to me.

Everyone needs at least that one person who's not a family member who gets them. I admit to actually having more than one, like I said, I am very blessed. To list them all would be an impossible task for me. I love all of them and appreciate their impact on my life and the person that I am. So, kudos to all my pals, chums, mates, and buddies! You're the best!

Anyhow, that's how Santa sees it!




No comments:

Post a Comment